Beauty Talk: My March Ipsy

7:00:00 PM


Hello and welcome to another edition of I-can't-believe-it's-the-end-of-the-month-again-and-I-haven't-posted-about-my-ipsy! It's a working title. The end of the month, while highly anticipated, also kinda snuck up on me. It's tricksy like that. This month I got a pretty mixed bag, and while I only had a chance to try a few products out, I was still happy with it. And the bag is probably the cutest one I've ever received!

Let's start with the things I've tried:


NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Kitten Heels - I love NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, and this product definitely reminds me of those. It's less scented and has a less whipped consistency, but the color is beautiful and vibrant and the wear time is pretty consistent with what I've come to expect of the NYX lip colors. This is what I'd call a Jessica Rabbit red - it's almost a true red but with a hint of orange. I was surprised to receive such a bold color, but it's flattering and I'll definitely be wearing it again.


Mannakadar Eyeshadow in Fantasy - I've got to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with this. It looks beautiful, but the pigment doesn't come across as strongly on my skin as it does in the pan. What does come across strongly, however, is the shimmer. And there's a lot of it. I'm not a big fan of shimmery eyeshadow, particularly when I look in the mirror after a few hours and find it all over the rest of my face. I haven't written this product off entirely, because I'd like to see if I get better results when I foil the shadow, but I don't have high hopes. *sighs*


Temptu Bronzer in Warm Glow - I'm super fair, so I have to be careful that my bronzer isn't too warm, otherwise I start edging into oompa-loompa territory. So when I saw this, I wasn't overly enthused. I was even less excited when I switched it and it came out looking really warm. 

Top - Temptu Bronzer
Bottom - Mannakadar Eyeshadow
See what I mean? But after applying a drop or two to the back of my hand and applying with a stippling brush, I achieved a really nice effect. A good bronzer can make me look alive, and this Temptu bronzer has encouraged me to try some more liquid bronzers this spring and summer - I think the effect is more sheer/natural than my typical powder!

Next, let's talk about the things I haven't tried (yet):


Global Beauty Care Dead Sea Wash Off Mask - I've been sick lately and slacking off on my skincare, so I'm definitely in need of a good mask. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the packaging on this one - it's resealable so you could actually use this sample more than once to really see if you like it. You'll definitely hear from me if I end up liking this one. 


Me Me Me Loose Powder Brush - I literally took this out of the plastic to take a picture of it. I'm not sure why I haven't reached for it yet, but I'm excited to see it in action. It's super soft and fluffy! I've been trying to get into using under-eye concealer lately, so I think this could be a good brush to set that concealer (it's on the smaller side).

That's everything I got in this month's ipsy bag! I think it was a pretty good value for the money, considering that most NYX lip products run you almost as much as the cost of the bag ($10). Plus, getting a brush always feels like a great deal. I'm definitely interested in trying more products from Temptu as well.

As always, I'd love to know what products you got in your ipsy bag! If you're not subscribed to ipsy and you'd like to be, you can sign up here. It's like getting a present from yourself every month.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodreads Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Sparkles and Scribbles has read 21 books toward their goal of 75 books.
hide

Tweet tweet

Subscribe