March Book Haul

7:00:00 PM

I've got another book haul for ya, because I have ZERO self control. None. Zip. Nada. And even though I picked up some pretty great books in February, I'll be damned if that's going to stop me from buying more. In my defense, I participated in Outlandish Lit's weirdathon for the whole month of March, so a lot of these books were purchased for that.


Shirley Jackson's We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson just knew how to mess with people's heads. I go into greater detail about the book here.

John Darnielle's Wolf in White Van - I think this may be my favorite weirdathon discovery. It's a book that unravels it's plot in reverse. So weird and wonderful


Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves - This is one I've started but haven't finished - it's undoubtedly the weirdest book I've ever seen, but in a way that works? I'm excited to continue reading and I'm definitely going to be putting up a post about this one in the future.


Chimimanda Negozi Adichie's We Should All Be Feminists - This teeny tiny book is actually a transcription of a TED talk Adichie gave. It's a fast read and surprisingly entertaining considering it's subject matter. Thanks to Whitney @ Imaginary Bookclub for recc'ing this one. I'll have a post about it going up next week!


While I was out running errands, I snuck into my used bookstore and snatched up Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle and John Green's Paper Towns, both of which have been on my wishlist for a while. I've started I Capture the Castle and while it hasn't grabbed me yet, I've got high hopes. I fell in love with the narrator when Yulin Kuang featured the book in her Kissing in the Rain YouTube series.





Karen Russell's Vampires in the Lemon Grove - I picked this one out of the bargain bin because I recognized the title from another reader's TBR. I decided to make it my last read for the weirdathon, and I wasn't sorry. I'll go into more detail in my upcoming (and final!) weirdathon post. 


I also picked up three e-books this month:


Karen Abbott's Liar Temptress Soldier Spy - This is supposed to be a true account of four female spies during the Civil War. I can't wait to get into this.

Jodi Lynn Anderson's Tiger Lily - I recently saw Margo Wood wholeheartedly recommend this in a video and the very next day, it was a Kindle Daily Deal. It was fate!


Steve Dublanica's Waiter Rant - I'm definitely interested to get a look inside the world of waitstaff and see what it's really like!

That's everything I picked up this month. I'm glad I got a chance to share the books I bought with you. As always, I'd love to know what books you've been buying and reading in the month of March (or any month, for that matter). See you in April!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodreads Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Sparkles and Scribbles has read 21 books toward their goal of 75 books.
hide

Tweet tweet

Subscribe