Monthly Scribbles: March

2:13:00 PM


I told myself that I wasn't going to talk AGAIN about how quickly time seems to be passing, so this is me not doing that. But I mean, come on. EASTER?! Okay, okay. I'm done. How was your March? Was it as insane and wonderful as mine? Let me know in the comments below.

Most Read? 

My most read in the month of March was weird. As in, I participated in a weirdathon. Major props to Julianne @ Outlandish Lit for putting that together as a celebration of her weird and wonderful blog! It was insanely awesome.

Most Watched?

I watched this four episode documentary series, led by food author Michael Pollan as he explored the elements and explained how cooking is what makes us human. It was supremely interesting and really did change the way I thought about food. I'm not a huge documentary watcher, but I love a good cooking show. This was like a blend of those two worlds, and I definitely recommend it.

Most Worn?

I was in dire need of a new phone case (my previous one being old, dirty, and after experiencing a sudden fall, broken) and I picked up this super cute Kate Spade phone case for $10 at Best Buy. TEN DOLLARS, I TELL YOU. It's definitely a deeper blue than pictured, and I love it. I also caved and finally bought a new charger for my phone, as my other one was literally falling to pieces and I seemed doomed to electrocution. What can I say, I live on the edge.

Most Heard?

I first "knew" Jana Kramer from her role on one of the pivotal TV shows of my youth, One Tree Hill, but I've followed her more recently by listening to her country music. I believe thirty one is her most recent album release, and I've been listening to her sassy, southern-twang-y album in the car more than a few times this month. I'm also still listening to Hamilton, in case anyone was wondering.

Most Heart?

I started bullet journaling during the month of February, and I've since fallen absolutely in love with the practice. It's become the thing I carry with me everywhere, and it literally holds my life - everything from my monthly events to my book wishlist to my daily to-do or shopping lists. As evidenced in the picture above, it's also become a catch-all for doodles and quotes from things I'm reading or loving lately. It's pretty much the best thing ever. Ryder Carol, the creator, explains the system he developed in detail on his website, and Kara @ Boho Berry puts a functional (and beautiful!) twist on a lot of the fundamentals that I find so helpful and inspiring. If you're looking for a better way of planning, I highly recommend you look into it.

Most Magical?

In spite of being sick for most of March, I had a really good month. I took a mental health/sick day for the first time in more than a year, and it changed my whole outlook. Some great things happened personally for me and those close to me, and I'm incredibly happy about that. And I picked up art journaling for the first time since I was in college, and I'm finding that it's a fun way to unwind. Basically, my message for myself (and for you!) is to take some time to check in with yourself. Are you sick? Stressed? Uninspired? Don't feel guilty for taking a day off if that's what you need. Go to the doctor if you're sick. And seek out the things that feel good and do those things. Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now. But seriously! Do the things that make you happy. Like me, right now, writing this post. I promise it'll make you feel better.

What was your magical moment of March? What things (bookish or otherwise) have you been loving lately? Let me know down below. See you in April!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodreads Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Sparkles and Scribbles has read 21 books toward their goal of 75 books.
hide

Tweet tweet

Subscribe