It's Monday! What are you reading? {04.11.16}

8:00:00 AM


I realized recently that I've been moving away from posting book talks/reviews of every book I read - frankly, I wanted a break from that kind of structure - but I still love sharing what I'm reading, so I decided to join It's Monday! What Are You Reading? This week is pretty much a continuation of the audiobooks I started late last week and this weekend, respectively. It actually made me laugh to put these two books in a post together because they are so radically different, but there you go.


A Good Man is Hard to Find and other stories is my first exposure to Flannery O'Connor, and while I tend to struggle with the Southern Gothic genre, there are some stories in this collection that actually had me laughing out loud. Most of them, however, have just made me sad. And not in a good way. I'm hoping to push through the rest of the stories in this collection (does anyone else hate not finishing books?) this week, since I only have a couple left, but I probably won't be seeking out any more of O'Connor's work in the future.

Why Not Me? is a highly anticipated read (or, rather, listen). I've had a hold on this audiobook at my library pretty much since it became available, and I was super excited to finally check it out (thanks, OverDrive!). I absolutely loved reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns) so I've got high expectations for this one. I've only listened to one essay so far, which was an appropriately hilarious treatise about what it takes to transform from Gollum in LOTR to a TV-ready human being.

Honorable mention goes to Vampires in the Lemon Grove, which is another short story collection I'm working on. I started it during the last week of Outlandish Lit's #weirdathon, but I have ONE more story to read before I can officially mark it as completed. Fingers crossed I finally follow through and feel good about myself this week.

It's Monday! What are YOU reading?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodreads Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Sparkles and Scribbles has read 21 books toward their goal of 75 books.
hide

Tweet tweet

Subscribe