Book Talk: Library Haul

12:00:00 PM

Happy Hump Day! I woke up on Monday and looked at my towering TBR...and then I decided to go to the library. Does anybody else find themselves doing this, or is it just me? Anyway, I'm quite excited about all the books I picked up and decided to share them!


Reader, I Married Him (Stories Inspired by Jane Eyre) edited by Tracy Chevalier
-Things to Like: Jane Eyre, short stories, feminism
I'm probably most excited to read this collection of short fiction inspired by Jane Eyre. I've only read one story so far but it was pretty dark and amazing. I'll keep you posted on the rest!

Wink, Poppy, Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
-Things to Like: mystery, YA literature
I've seen this cover floating around the internet and was intrigued by the minimalist/mysterious book jacket description.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
-Things to Like: Pride and Prejudice, adaptations, zombies
Again, I feel like this has been everywhere lately, especially because it was recently adapted to film. It seems like a silly read (in the best way), and I'm surprised I haven't read it sooner because I used to be obsessed with Pride and Prejudice.

Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
-Things to Like: historical fiction, Africa, strong female protagonists
I picked this up for my mom, who recently finished The Paris Wife (also by Paula McLain). I listened to Circling the Sun a few months ago and shared my thoughts, so you can check that out if you like.

The Daring Ladies of Lowell by Kate Alcott
-Things to Like: historical fiction, mystery, industrial revolution
I sought this one out because both my mom and I enjoy historical fiction and read The Dressmaker, which was Alcott's first novel. This one is set in an entirely different historical context, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll actually get around to reading it - I've checked it out before and never cracked the cover!

A Touch of Stardust by Kate Alcott
-Things to Like: historical fiction, Gone with the Wind, Hollywood
I was caught by surprise when I discovered that A Touch of Stardust was also by Kate Alcott. Again - I'm not sure if I'll feel compelled to read this before the return date, but if I do, I'll definitely keep you posted.

Have you read any of these books? Let me know your thoughts. And, of course, let me know what books I need to check out next!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodreads

Tweets

Subscribe