It's Monday! What are you reading? {06.21.16}

6:52:00 PM

Wanna see what everyone else is reading? Check it out!
It's Monday somewhere? I think? HOW DO TIMEZONES WORK. All I know is I'm very occasionally terrible at time management. Still, I wanted to get back into sharing what I'm reading, since I finally broke out of my mid year book slump. HUZZAH! This past week was pretty remarkable. Or was it readmarkable? Okay, I'm done. 

I READ

One YA lit, one historical fiction, and many, many, many essays. (That makes me think of Home - which, if you haven't seen, you should).
  
I already posted my thoughts on The Opposite of Loneliness and Every Last Word for #WeekofReviews last week, so you can check those out. I also read Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, but it was The Song of Achilles that really destroyed me. Sidetone: I'm really enjoying this essay kick I've been on lately, so give me all your recommendations!

I LISTENED TO

I'm struggling with The Goldfinch, you guys. The beginning was great, but I fell off the bandwagon about 40% of the way into it, and it's been dragging me behind it ever since. I'm about 60% through and I'm considering DNF-ing this monster. Let me know your thoughts and whether it's worth pushing through (I really enjoyed The Secret History). 

I'M WORKING ON

People bring in the best stuff to my local used bookstore, like The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath, which I have been wanting to read since one of my students recommended it earlier this year. So far, I'm loving it. It's definitely not something you can sit down and read in one sitting, but it's fascinating, and so much funnier than I thought it would be. Sylvia Plath, queen of sass. Seriously.

What are YOU reading this week? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodreads

Tweets

Subscribe